Sunday, March 17, 2013

Camus

Definition:
                a French Nobel Prize winning author, journalist, and philosopher.  His views contributed to the rise of the philosophy known as absurdism.

Sample Sentences:

  •  Albert Camus was a representative of non-metropolitan French literature.
  •  Camus once said "don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."
  •  Another Camus quote is "I know of only one duty, and that is to love."

Usage:
          NY Times
          The Chronicle Review

Paragraph:
                Albert Camus was born in France, and is a well known author.  He has won a Nobel Prize for his distinctive views on certain things.  He is also known for being a winning journalist and philosopher.  One of his main accomplishments in philosophy is his views on the topic of absurdism.  He considered his entire life mission was to appose the views of nihilism, and also to inspire induvidual freedom. 

Visual Representations:


No comments:

Post a Comment